1) 4 handfuls fresh greens (can use any super greens like kale,Celery, spinach, coriander etc.)
2) 4 tomatoes, sliced
3) 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
4) Sprouts (broccoli or other)
5) Sunflower seeds or almonds
6) Choice of protein:4 pieces of Tofu or 4 servings hard-boiled eggs, each sliced in half (can use grilled chicken or fish instead of Tofu).
In a mixing bowl, combine vegetables and toss with dressing.
Arrange on 4 plates and top each with sprouts, sunflower seeds or almonds, and your choice of protein as given above.
Makes 4 servings.
Dr. Disha’s Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette :
1 teaspoon sea salt, 3 cloves garlic, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil.
Directions: The first option is the method I use: With a mortar and pestle ( you may use small blender as well), mash the salt and garlic until the garlic is emulsified. Transfer to a bowl, then add the lemon juice and olive oil and stir well. Taste to see if more salt, lemon juice needed.
I love this as it’s so simple to make and really yum! You can put it on salads, sandwiches, chicken or fish. Make extra and refrigerate.