Toothache is said to be the most grievous of all the pains as experienced by most of the people. The basic reason behind the tooth ache is ignoring the dental health from long time. A person only pays attention towards the oral health only after he/she experiences pain. We strongly recommend a routine dental check-up every six months, so that the rising problem can be seen and cured before getting it worse.
Though there is no permanent at home cure for toothache, but below are a few which may help you to get a temporary relief so that you have an ample time to rush to a dentist.
1. Clove and Clove oil: Due to the presence of anesthetic, anti inflammatory and antibacterial properties of clove makes it the first choice for the temporary relief all over the world. Just put a clove or a cotton pellet dipped in clove oil on the affected area to get relief.
2. Salt & Pepper: Not many people know that the ingredients on their desk may help them to get a relief in emergency. Salt & Pepper have anti inflammatory and analgesic properties which help to get a temporary relief. Just mix a pinch of salt and pepper in a drop of water to make a paste and apply that paste on the affected area.
3. Warm saline rinses: This is not immediate, but very effective, just add a teaspoon of salt in lukewarm water and rinse to get a relief.
4. Asafoetida (HING): To get a quick relief add a pinch of asafoetida (HING) in a teaspoon of lemon juice and microwave for 20-30 seconds. Put the solution on a small cotton pellet and apply that cotton pellet on the affected area.
5. Basil (TULSI) leaf extract: Basil (TULSI) can be found in every house of India. Basil leaves are full of anti bacterial, anti inflammatory & analgesic properties which help in significantly reducing the toothache.
6. Guava leaf: Fresh guava leaf can be chewed for quick relief. Fresh guava leaves have anti inflammatory and analgesic properties.
7. Peppermint: Peppermint has a nice flavor and numbing power which helps in temporary pain relief. Putting peppermint leaf extract on the affected area may numb the area to provide relief for some time.
8. Neem leaf extract: Neem leaves have anti bacterial, anti inflammatory and analgesic properties which help in relieving dental pain.