Tooth decay and Gum disease can be prevented by following 5 Golden rules:
- Eat foods that have Vitamins and minerals. take milk, fruits, vegetables, eggs, fish ,meat. Crunchy fruits like apples and carrots also help clean teeth.
- Do not eat sweet or sticky foods between meals. Bacteria love sugar. Do not give them a chance to bore holes in your teeth. Eat sweets only at the end of your meals so that your teeth get properly cleaned when you brush them after meal.
- After every meal brush your teeth to remove plaque and food particles which get lodged in the crevices of teeth.
- Use trusted dental aids: Fluoride toothpaste stops bad breath and fights tooth decay. Guard your teeth using tooth brushes that are scientifically designed to guard tooth enamel against food acids and bacteria, to guard against dental plaque and to guard gums. Change your tooth brush when the bristles lose their shape.
- Visit the Dentist at least twice a year. The dentist can detect cavities, fills them, and remove tartar from places you cannot reach. The Dentist will also advice you on correct dental care.