Self control is a process by which one can help oneself to overcome negative consequences. It also helps in sustaining positive mental health.
The question is ...................................“But how to do”?
Following suggestions can be used to practice self control:
- Stop and think
- Look and analyze the situation from a bigger perspective
- Try to focus on the physical responses occurring due to external crisis (eg. an arguement)
- Divert your mind from reacting by taking a pause or getting out of the situation
- Monitoring the immediate reactions after a situation happened
- Applying breathing exercises, yoga, avoiding too much intake of coffee
- Seeking professional support if not manageable
Doing so you may get following benefit:
- Balanced personality
- Increased determination and confidence
- Increased will power