During the party season, there’s no doubt that, there are one or more occasions when you eat a little more than you should. So how you can undo the damage done by a holiday meal or a party so that it doesn’t have such a negative impact on your body weight? Detoxification is the answer!
SOME SIMPLE TIPS TO FOLLOW:
- Consume a Protein- Rich Breakfast because protein fills you up and keeps you satisfied, ultimately reducing your overall calorie intake.
- High fiber breakfast, such as oatmeal or almond butter toast help to regulate the system and fills you up.
- For your main meals opt for non-starchy veggies like broccoli, spinach mushrooms, carrots, cauliflower and bell peppers. These are rich in fiber and water which means they will fill you up without filling you out.
- Enjoy skinless poultry, fish or tofu with at least 2 cups of antioxidant-rich veggies. And if your body craves for starchy carbs, round out your detox dish with a fist-sized potato or 1/2 – 1 cup cooked quinoa.
- Green Tea is rich in antioxidants and also contains catechins, an exclusive antioxidant that enhances liver functions.
- Packed with Vitamin C and natural enzymes, lemons and oranges kick start the digestive tract by transforming toxins into an easily digestible material. Not only do they remove toxins from the body, but also burn body fat.
- Exercise helps the lymphatic system to get rid of toxins. This is also the best way to press the reset button after a night of splurging. Spare at least half an hour for a run or a brisk walk to get your heart racing and blood circulation in good motion.
- Proper hydration is always essential, but it’s especially so after a night of indulgence. Drinking water is an excellent way to flush the body of toxins. Drink plenty of water, preferably warm water, all through the day for better metabolism and great results.
- Avoid Sugar: Post festivities, your body is dealing with excess sugar, so try to give it as many plain fluids you can.
- Say no to oily food: Cut back the amount of oil in your meals. Instead of frying, try baked or grilled dishes. Go for a fiber-rich and protein-laden diet.
- Say no to Salt: Potassium is helpful for getting rid of the day-after puff. to get your fill of potassium-rich foods, consume melon or sliced banana with your yoghurt with breakfast, or add plenty of spinach to your egg white omelet.
Detoxifications can do more than make your eyes sparkle and your skin glow – it can boost energy levels, improve digestion and help shift a few unwanted kilos too.