Are you suffering from Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) and are looking for an ideal remedy? Polycystic ovarian disease or PCOD is a common female health condition especially in young girls aged about 18 - 30 years in India. It is a complex disorder and involves several factors which include insulin resistance, obesity, irregular menstrual bleeding, insufficient ovum production, and abnormal menstrual cycles. It is the major cause of Infertility in India.
PCOD commonly occurs during the reproductive age of a woman and accounts for being a major cause of infertility. According to Ayurvedic principles, PCOD occurs primarily due to the imbalance state of your doshas especially Vata and Kapha. The dosha vaishnava is linked to the symptoms of PCOD, and the relationship between the doshas and lakshans is permanent.
Treatment: Basti is excellent treatment for this condition
PCOD is associated with stri beej and rajah formation, along with medhodhantu to some extent. These should be attended to while the condition is being treated. The Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD aims at providing ideal care by correction of the ama dosha. By this, you achieve koshta shuddhi, which in turn regularizes your tridoshas. The way or approach towards Ayurvedic treatment for PCOD includes the following:
- Treatment of agnimandya at both dhatwagni and jataragni levels.
- The alleviation of sroto avarodha is an essential part of PCOD treatment using Ayurveda. You should undertake purificatory therapies which are based on the grade of your doshic vitialation, and the exact area of affliction. These should be followed by rasayana drugs, which are free radical scavenging agents.
- The regularization of the apana Vata is essential as well. You must firmly avoid vihara and kaphkara ahara along with Basti & Uttar Basti treatments.
- Yoga and meditation are very important for the Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD. You should perform yoga asanas regularly. Some of the ideal postures for PCOD management include sarvangasana, matsyasana, and shavasana.
- It is also very important for you to work out regularly, undertake different physical exercises. This will make your overall life much healthier.
- You must follow a healthy, balanced diet regularly, which should consist of fresh vegetables and fruits.