Role of Ayurvedic sports massage
*AIM OF SPORTS TRAINING*
1) To increase the level of training,to make the body capable of taking the over strain and overuse.(endurance)
2) To enhance skill,strength, stamina, flexibility and speed.
*WHAT HAPPENS IN EXERCISE*
1) Exercise increases the lactic acid in the muscles which causes muscle swelling, stiffness, soreness,and fatigue.
2) Due to overuse the soft tissues get imbalanced and synovial fluid is reduced in joints , and causes problems which may later hinder the performance of an athlete.
3) Causes tension in the muscles, stress in joints,ligaments, tendons.4) These conditions if ignored may cause serious effects like muscle tear,pain in joints,injuries etc.
*ROLE OF MASSAGE*
1) It dilates the blood vessels and increases the blood flow, which helps in delivering fresh oxygen and nutrients to the tissues.
2) Promotes the removal of waste products and toxins.
3) Reduces muscle tensi,soreness, inflammation.
4) Helps in faster recovery.
5) Increases range of motion and flexibility.
6) Prevents injuries and muscle fatigue.
7) Restores balance in musculoskeletal system.
8) Lowers the heart rate.
9) Relaxes the body
10) Massage lowers the cortisol upto 50% and relaxes the mind ; which reduces anxiety, tensions, and increases the focus.
THUS MASSAGE HELPS TO KEEP MUCH HEALTHIER BODY AND MIND.
Normally TIL TAIL (sesame oil) can be used.But for good results using the medicated oil that suits the body,your event,and environment will be more useful.
*WHEN TO SCHEDULE A MASSAGE*
Light massage can be done everyday.
2) *MARDANA* (DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE)
a) Once/twice A week-For athletes who exercise a lot and want a good performance. But if it is not affordable atleast once in 15 days.
b) Pre event-3-5 days before event.