Patients who desire lip enhancement fall into two categories; those seeking augmentation of what they feel are thin and unattractive and those seeking correction of aging changes ,including thinning and sagging lips.
Lip augmentation can be done by two methods; one by injectables which has become a popular way for people to have fuller and sensual lips.The other method is surgery which is called V- advancement. Implants used for lip enhancement are inserted through tiny incisions inside the corners of the mouth.
Quick Facts about the surgery are as follows:
- The surgery usually takes about 30 mins to 2 hours.
- It is usually done under local anesthesia.
- The patient can go back home on the same day.
- Depending on the procedure there may be pronounced swelling for 1 to 2 days,it is advisable temporarily limit talking and chewing.
- You are generally back to normal activities within a week.
- Complications while possible are unlikely under a qualified plastic surgeon.