Navratras are believed to be the most powerful and auspicious days in the Hindu religion. In order to empower oneself with the blessings of Devi Durga, devotees stick to certain strict fasting & yet feasting rules for full length of 9 days period. I consider them to be the best time to purify & detoxify the body as well as the soul.
This article may help you in understanding the real benefits that can be derived by your body by following the healthy dietary options. Also, to get aware about the positivity of Navratri days on health, as well as life. Thus, eradicating the mood-forced concept of adding extra kilos at the end of 9 days period.
‘Navratri Diet' For Controlling Weight
If you're looking for a good diet, low in fats and fried food, NAVRATRI days could be your chance for a CLEAN-DETOX diet. The regimen of eating followed during this period is one of the best ways to achieve health.
A sample diet plan (1100-1200 kcal)
- 1 cup of milk with soaked almonds (5-6), OR
- Milk and fruit shake with 50 g of paneer
- A bowl of fruit yogurt, OR
- Vegetable and fruit chat
- 2 buckwheat rotis with swank rice, ghiya vegetable, and a bowl of curd
- A cup of tea with a fistful of roasted makhanas
- A bowl of sabudana chaat, OR
- Makhane chat, OR
- Fruit chat
- Before sleeping drink a cup of milk (without sugar).
Important Note: Keep yourself hydrated with lemonade, coconut water, or even regular water.