Have you ever tried and lost weight but gained it back again? Loosing weight by crash dieting, extensive workouts and weight loss therapies is easy, but weight loss by these methods are ALWAYS short-lived. The right amount of weight loss done in a right amount of time can only be maintained in the long run. Certain lifestyle changes help you lose ONLY the right amount of weight for your body and also helps you maintain it forever. Follow these simple rules to stay fit and healthy.
1.The image says it all!
2. Food timings- A lot depends upon the food timings. The best timings are
Breakfast-by 9am, Lunch- by 1pm Dinner- by 7pm (Yeah 7pm!)
Sleeping at night on a light stomach is very important. A minimum gap of 3 hours should be maintained between a meal and sleep. If you feel hungry by bedtime, a cup of warm milk should suffice.
3. Hungry? Yes or no
Do not eat unless you are hungry. Do not delay meals if you are hungry. Both affects your metabolism in the long run.
4. Snacking in between meals - is one of the main causes of unnecessary weight gain. Eat a piece or 2 of a fresh fruit if you still crave.
Best time to have - Before Food
Worst time to have - After food
6. Water intake in relation to a meal
Good Time to have - Sip by Sip in between meals - To stay healthy
Best Time to have - Before meals - If you want to lose weight. It fills you up a bit and you tend to eat a bit less.
Worst time to have - immediately after meals - It definitely increases the weight
7. Never have these after any meal
Sweets/Dessert, Icecream, Colddrink/Milkshakes, Milk or anything containing milk
These food products are heavy to digest and hence should not be taken after meals.
8. Drink Your food, Eat your Water!
Chew your food so well that it is almost a liquid when you swallow it.
Drink water sip by sip from a glass just as you would eat food morsel by morsel.
9. Salt and water retention- in the body makes you fat. It a myth that you should drink 3-4 litres of water daily. Your body tells you when it requires water. Drink only when thirsty. Don't binge on salty foods like chips, farsan etc
10. Had a heavy breakfast? Skip lunch
Had a heavy lunch? Skip dinner
Had a heavy dinner? Skip next morning breakfast
What and when you eat should be decided by your appetite, not by the clock. It gives your body extra time to digest the heavy food you had.
11. Stop having curd, bread, cheese, salty foods, deep fried food, maida products, outside food, milkshakes, lassi, ice cream.
Rice- Cook rice in a open vessel and strain out the water once its cooked.
Non-veg - Its ok to have for lunch. Avoid it for dinner.
Outside food - Once in 15 days is ok
Cut down on Potato, Sweets, Salt.
12. NEVER sleep during the day time. Nothing slows down the body metabolism better than daytime sleeping. Slow metabolism=Weight gain!
13. Last but not the Least - Light Dinner Ideas!
Have your usual breakfast and lunch and a cup of Tea in the evening. Try the following dinner menu for about a month and see the difference! (Have dinner by 7p.m. - That's important!)
ANY ONE of the list- A bowl of salad, A bowl of fresh fruits, 1 Glass of milk (250ml), Upma, Poha, Khichadi, Moong dal upma, Sevai Upma, Thalipeeth, Rava pancake(bhakri).