It is common belief that kidney diseases are irreversible and lead to permanent dialysis. However, this is not true. Most of the kidney diseases are treatable and many have a cure. Let’s focus on some important
issues which are neglected leading to kidney failure.
- Young newly detected hypertensive does not only require blood pressure control but evaluation to find out cause of high blood pressure. In most cases it is kidney related and possible to treat.
- Incidental finding or during health check-up, if there is protein or red cells in urine, it should not be neglected. It may be forerunner of significant kidney problem, which can be managed at this early stage.
- If there was history of kidney stones, follow up scan is advisable, as silent stones may cause kidney damage.
- Swelling over legs, frequent urination especially at night may be an early kidney disease.
- Recurrent urine infections are difficult to treat but needs specialist care for specific management.