The whole world is going through a lot of change right now. The novel coronavirus (COVID-19) has disrupted our lives in many ways. While there are a lot of things we can’t do, we can still take care of our health.
Here is a few tips for keeping our teeth healthy during this pandemic.
1. Wash Your Hands - The first & the last rule!
- Always wash with soap and water or alcohol-based sanitizer before and after any personal dental care.
- World Health Organisation (WH0) recommends that the minimum washing time for soap and water is 40 -60 seconds and for alcohol-based sanitizer its 40-60 seconds.
2. Brush at least twice a day
- Try to brush after each major meal.
- Be sure to get those hard-to-reach spots on the back tooth region.
3. Use Dental loss
- Dental floss helps remove bacteria and plaque in places where brush can’t reach.
- Especially in between teeth.
4. Limit sugary beverages and food
- limit sticky, sugary snacks like cake and cookies,frequent snacking increases your risk of cavities
- drink plenty of water after meals.
5. Mouth Rinse
- Rinse your mouth with lukewarm saline water to cleanse your tooth.
- Commercially available mouthwashes can also be used.
- These helps to prevent accumulation of plaque.
During this coronavirus outbreak, everyone is advised to stay at home keep safe. These tips might be helpful to keep your mouth healthy.