Bloating is a sensation of abdominal fullness. Distension is a visible or measurable increase in abdominal size.
Gas in the small intestine or colon is typically caused by the digestion or fermentation of undigested food, such as plant fiber or certain sugars (carbohydrates), by bacteria found in the colon.
Here are some of the health tips that can be used to avoid bloating and gas problems
- The food should be chewed slowly and in small morsels
- Eat when the food is warm, fresh and right quantity of food
- Chew food thoroughly and eat at moderate pace
- Eat only when you feel hungry
- Eat around the same time daily
- Avoid spicy and fried food
- Avoid overeating as it leads to indigestion, sluggishness and bloating·
- Sit and eat food
- Do not drink cold water or any aerated drinks while eating food
- Do regular exercise
- Restrict alcohol, caffeine, cigarettes
- Deep abdominal breathing
- Brisk walk for 30 mins
- Jumping jack
- Supta vajrasana
- Triphala, fennel seeds, apple cider vinegar, lemon, green tea, onion, garlic, turmeric and ginger should be included regularly in your diet.
- Avoid salty food,broccoli, cabbage, legumes, soybeans, peas and lentils as they are gas producing foods.
- Avoid milk and cheese- if you are lactose intolerant.