SeasonalCold V/s Seasonal Flu V/s COVID-19
We all know that we’re dealing with the COVID-19 epidemic throughout the world. Everyone is doing their best to deal with the disease. Some countries are faring well and every nation is fighting the disease the best they could.
How to identify COVID-19?
It’s a fragile and evolving RNA virus that causes rapidly spreading respiratory infections. It belongs to the family of coronavirus which is responsible for MERS & SARS outbreaks in the past. It’s a Zoonotic Virus (jumps from animal to human) host is still unknown.
- It spreads by droplet infection
- It’s not an airborne virus
- The virus is very heavy so it settles down on the surface where it can last for up to 9-12 hours
- Highly infective disease with low mortality
- The incubation period of 1-14 days
- Fever is low grade
Precautions to be taken
- Clean hands with soap and water for 20 seconds
- Use > 70% alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Stay indoors as much as possible
- Avoid contact with sick people
- Social distancing
- Use a mask when in public places
- Cover mouth with elbow/ tissue while coughing
Let’s fight Coronavirus together. Let's be aware of the differences between flu-like and COVID-19 symptoms.
Stay Safe, Stay Healthy