Ever wanted to look leaner and fitter instantly to show off your well-toned body for a beach vacation, the New Year’s eve party, a cousin’s wedding, or a big date? If yes, then we have tips for you to look thinner, slimmer, leaner and better instantly. No, it’s not an optical illusion.
Whether you have 3 days, 7, 10, 14 days, 2 weeks or 1 month, you can use these tips to look thinner for the big day.
1. Drink WaterStart your day with a glass or two of plain water. Research has proven that drinking water first thing in the morning helps jump start your metabolism and helps remove toxins from your body. Also, if you want a drink then make it water as water is a drink and has no calories. Drinking plain water also helps in controlling hunger and prevents you from eating unnecessary calories. Switch to water or green tea and feel the difference within a day.Read to know more green tea to lose weight.
2. Walk After Your MealsIf you are not cut out for running or exercising then we might have something simpler for you. Try taking a ten minute walk after your every meal.This can help you burn a few calories quickly and aid in digestion.Did you know: that 5 minute walk taken shortly after each meal can improve daily blood sugar levels to a greater extent than a single 45-minute walk in the morning.Researchers say that a post-meal stroll helps clear glucose from the bloodstream in part because more of it is taken up by the muscles. Next time post your meal skip the couch and go for a short walk.
3. Eat More FiberHigh-fiber foods are good for your health and weight loss. Fiber-rich foods might help boost weight loss by helping you to feel fuller after you eat. But most of us eat only about half as much fiber as we should. High-fiber foods generally require more chewing time, which gives your body time to register when you’re no longer hungry, so you’re less likely to overeat. And high-fiber diets also tend to be less “energy dense,” which means they have fewer calories for the same volume of food. So the best way to add more fiber to your diet is by starting your day with a fiber-packed breakfast in the form of oats, whole wheat flakes & muesli. You can also include fruit with every meal, and start your meal with a bowl of fresh, seasonal salad.
4. Eat at HomeIn urban Indian with new restaurants opening everyday a person is eating out an average of 4 meals a week outside his/her home. For some really busy professionals this number is as high as an average of one meal a day. Although restaurants are offering more nutritious food options these days, the choices are often limited. Most foods that are served in restaurants contain high amounts of fat and calories, and they can be detrimental to your health if they are consumed on a regular basis. Besides its different to completely control what goes into preparing your food in a restaurant. If you eat at home, you have more control over how the food is prepared. Eating at home is one of the best ways to promote a healthy lifestyle and lose weight. Try limiting your food outings per week and feel the difference.
5. Eat less SaltGo easy on the salty snacks, like namkeen, chips, high sodium pickles, pretzels and processed foods that are high in sodium. Extra salt is added as a preservative in such foods. Salt contains sodium and high sodium foods cause water retention in the body, which can make you look bloated. Besides, salt is so addictive that you can’t be satisfied with one chip. You will certainly crave to eat the whole packet. The sad news is that a packet of small potato chips is almost 500 calories! These many calories will take at least 45 minutes of running to burn off. We have a simpler solution: just skip this packet to avoid the extra calories and lose weight!Read more to know why to avoid processed foods?
6. RunYes, you read it right: RUN. Running helps you burn calories, reduce stress and suppress appetite hormones. If you are used to walking then add a little bit of jogging in intervals. Running/jogging helps you burn more calories & tone up faster than walking in the same amount of time! But it doesn’t end here. Research confirms that exercises like running result in “after burn” which means that one continues to burn more calories for as long as two hours after you have stopped running.
7. Do Push-ups/SquatsBy far one of the most effective exercises to burn calories. If you don’t have enough time, patience or equipment, just get on the floor with simple push-ups and squats. Push-ups and squats require only 15 minutes of your time and the results will make it look like you have been spending some serious time sweating in the gym. Both are fantastic exercises to burn fat, tone arms and legs in no time.