There are many kinds of fungus that live in the human body. One such type most commonly seen is called candida. It is a type of yeast that normally lives in small amounts in places like your mouth, belly or skin without causing any problems. But when the conditions are right, they multiply and grow out of control. This is called as candidiasis. When the candida yeast spreads in the mouth and throat, it can cause an infection called thrush. It's most common in newborn and the elderly with weak immune systems.
- White or yellow patches on tongue, lips, gums roof of mouth and inner cheeks
- Redness or soreness in the mouth and throat
- Cracking at the corners of mouth
- Pain when swallowing, if it spreads through throat Genital Yeast Infection (Genital Candidiasis)
Symptoms of Vaginal Thrush:
A yeast infection typically happens when the balance in the vagina changes. It can be occasionally be transformed from person to person sexually.
- Extreme itching in the vagina
- Redness and swelling of the vagina and vulva
- Pain and burning in urine during urination
- Discomfort during sex
- A thick white discharge from vagina
- In men it presents as itchy rash on penis Invasive candidiasis If this infection travels in blood it affects the vital organs and can cause serious life threatening disease.
I have come across so many patients with development of various fungal infections in private parts, due to excessive perspiration during summers.
Candidiasis shows excellent response to homeopathic treatment. Homeopathic medicines like calcarea carb, kreosote, tellurinum, candida alba, calcarea sulpa, etc. works like wonders and cures the infection completely, also prevents tendency for recurrence of fungus.
Here is some of the ways to keep candidiasis at bay:
1) Many foods can make us CANDIDA PRONE like eating sugars, fermented foods, alcohol, acids, beer, wine, refined products and products with preservatives
2) Try having more of yogurt rich in lactobacillus, garlic, whole wheat bread products
3) Exercise daily
4) Sanitation is a must
5) Practice safe sex