It’s a fresh day and time for a fresh start. Let's stop looking back in the rear view mirror and change our attitude to 'forward' looking. Time to march ahead and improve ourselves in every which way that you can. The best way for improvements is honesty and self reflection. What is it that can be improved upon- no one but honest friends and family can tell you that. And if a healthier lifestyle is what you seek- then maybe us?
- The most common resolution is one relating to being more healthy, eating better and exercising and it is hence not surprising that resolutions are never kept. And everyone loves a good cheat- on occasion- so I have started to talk about a cheat food that is officially allowed in our health plans. Cheating on weekends or certain day in the week- can ruin an entire week’s weight loss effort. And the binge can continue for days- it is hard to get back on track. Allow yourself a treat every now and then.
- Moderation is the key to any successful health and fitness plan. If you do have a bad moment, don’t dwell on it. It’s in the past. Learn from it and focus on the present.
- Don’t let your past dictate your future. You can start today by taking one step in a different direction and that one small step can put you on the path to the realization of your dreams.
- Each week make one additional small change. switch from salted, roasted almonds to raw almonds. Another week cut out salad dressings, cut on sugary drinks. These small changes will make the process more manageable.
- Choose to focus on the small changes and those small successes will start adding up to big successes.
I truly believe that the “small steps” philosophy is what makes “the journey of being healthy “ so successful.
Instead, you’re better off adding a “cheat food” into your calorie budget every day to keep you from feeling deprived. Mine is ice-cream, I can add a small amount of this to my daily intake. Or chocolate or any one food item of choice. This will keep you on track with your resolution and your plan and still allow you some of your favorite simple pleasures- let's do it! Let's start and keep our resolution this 2017!