1. Ideal for weight loss!It has only 33 calories in a cup of cooked cabbage, is low in fat and high infiber. It is definitely a smart carb.
2. It is a brain food!It is full of vitamin K and anthocyanins that help with mental function andconcentration. These nutrients also prevent nerve damage, improving yourdefense against Alzheimer’s disease, and dementia. Red cabbage has the highestamount of these power nutrients.
3. High in sulfur, the beautifying mineral
Cabbage helps dry up oily and acne skin.Internally sulfur is essential for keratin, a protein substance necessary for healthy hair, nails, and skin.
4. Helps detoxify the body
The high content of vitamin C and sulphur in cabbage removestoxins (free radicals and uric acid). These are the main causes of arthritis, skin diseases, rheumatism and gout.
5. Has well-known cancer preventative compounds - lupeol, sinigrin and sulforaphane. They stimulate enzyme activity and inhibit the growth of cancer tumors. A study on women shows a reduction in breast cancer when cruciferous vegetables like cabbage were added to their diet.
6. Helps keep blood pressure from getting high.
The high potassium content helps by opening up blood vessels, easing the flow of blood.