Hair loss is not a disease but a condition where Anagen (growth phase) is reduced and Telogen (fall phase) is extended.
Hair fall can be due to several reasons:
- Lack of proteins
- Environmental pollution
- Vit B deficiency
- Overuse of Vit A
- Emotional Stress
- Physical stress
- Dramatic Hair loss
- Anabolic steroids
- Scalp infection
- Hair pulling habits
But often we find that people exposed to the same condition do not develop similar hair fall problems.
Hair loss can be grown back if you can ensure the following:
- Regulating DHT level in blood.
- An adequate supply of properly balanced hair nutrients to the hair roots.
- Proper blood circulation in the scalp to carry the hair nutrients to the roots.
- Maintaining the general well being of one's health.
Nutrition for Good Hair
List of foods to add to your Diet:
- Dry Beans like Rajma, Black beans, Yellow Beans, twice a week.
- Mushroom, Paneer (cottage cheese) Chola (chickpeas), soya, Tofu-each once a week.
- Green Beans-2 times a week like Gavar, Chawli, Dal, Papdi, Ghevda, French beans, Broad beans, String beans, etc.
- Raw salads- Radish, Beet Root, Carrot, Cucumber, Tomato, etc.
- Steamed sprouts-2 times a week.
- Green leafy vegetables-2 times a week.
- Walnuts/4 Almonds on alternate days.
- 1 glass of milk per day or a bowl of curd or yogurt.
- 1 spoon of ghee per day or 1 slice of cheese per day.
- 2 fresh fruit per day.
- 10-12 glass of water per day.
List of Foods to Avoid:
You can have these once a week but reduce quantity and frequency if you cannot stop.
- Mutton, Red meat, Fish fry, Tandoor Chicken.
- Coconut gravy, Groundnuts or peanuts, excess potato pasta, and noodles.
- Fried foods: Wada, Samosa, Puri, Papad, Dosas, Chips etc.
- Sugar foods: Chocolates, pastries, cake, ice cream, sweets, desserts etc.
- Bakery foods: Toasts, Biscuits, Khari, puffs, patties, Rolls, Croissants, Doughnuts, Cakes.
- Fast foods: Pizzas, Burgers, Canned foods.
- Colas, Coke, Pepsi, Soft drinks and all kind of juices.
- Strictly No Smoking.