Green tea originated in China but is now widely used all over the world. The reason people prefer drinking green tea is that of its numerous health benefits. Let’s take a look at the many benefits of green tea.
1. It aids in weight loss
The best Indian dietician says that green tea helps you to lose weight. It increases our metabolism rate. Polyphenol is present in green tea which strengthens the rate at which our body turns fats into calories and also the levels of fat oxidation.
2. Helps with diabetes
Best weight loss diet plan for People suffering from diabetes can have a cup of green tea after a meal. Green tea helps to slow down the rise of blood sugar after eating.
3. Keeps skin healthy
Green tea contains antioxidants which are very good for our skin. Antioxidants delay the ageing process and make you look younger for longer. It also protects the skin from sun damage.
4. Improves brain function
Lucknow dietician says that Drinking green tea improves brain function. It makes you more alert since it contains caffeine, but not as much caffeine as in coffee. It makes your brain more active.
5. Prevents heart diseases
Green tea helps your blood vessels to stay relaxed and helps to withstand the changes in blood pressure. So drinking green tea is very useful in preventing heart diseases.
6. Oral health
Best dietician in India says that Green tea has the ability to kill bacteria. Drinking green tea improves your oral health. It kills the bacteria that cause plaque and tooth decay. Drinking green tea also reduces bad breath. And thus promises you better oral hygiene and health.
7. Fights stress and depression
Green tea is also known to fight stress and depression. It contains a component called thiamine which creates a calming effect on your body.
Even though this drink is very beneficial for your heal, you must take precautions before consuming it
Do not have more than two cups of green tea per day. Everything that is taken in moderation is good for you. But if you consume things in excess then something even as good as green tea can have side effects, such as:-
- Insomnia: Even though in little amounts, green tea still contains caffeine. So consuming it in large amounts can cause insomnia.
- Upset stomach: An excess dose of caffeine can also lead to an upset stomach.
- Avoid taking it on an empty stomach. Best dietician says that consuming green tea on an empty stomach can lead to toxicity. Have green tea after a meal or after you have eaten something. If taken before meals, it can cause acidity.
- Don’t consume green tea if you are pregnant. Green tea should be avoided by pregnant women or while you are nursing a baby. It can give rise to risks.