Indian penny wort or gotukola is a popular herb and is used widely for its stress relieving properties. The herb is cold in potency and can be used by all. This creamy Gotu Kola Kanda or Porridge is very nutritious and it is particularly good for those with arthritis. Steaming hot Gotukola Kanda is delicious if served with a piece of jaggery (palm sugar.)
- Gotu Kola (Juice) - 100ml.
- Organic rice - 100g or ½ cup.
- Fresh grated coconut/coconut milk - 50g or 50ml.
- Jaggery – 3 pieces.
- Salt to taste.
Method of preparation-
- Wash the Gotu Kola and blend with little water.
- Strain the juice and set aside.
- Rinse the rice well. Add 1 ½ cup water and cook till tender.
- Add coconut milk/grated coconut and cook for another 5 minutes uncovered.
- Stir in the gotu kola juice and cook for another one minute.
- Season with salt.
- Serve this hot Gotukola Kanda with jaggery.