Spiny gourd or Kantola is available across most parts of India during monsoons. Some may know it is as kekrol, kakrol, bhat karela, korola, kartoli or some other name, but one cannot deny the health benefits of this vegetable. It belongs to the bitter gourd family but is not as bitter in taste even with the skin on.
Let's have a look at the Health Benefits of the Kantola Vegetable-
- Reduces blood sugar level in diabetic patients
- Reduces the chances of cancer
- Helps anti-aging
- Improves eyesight
- Reduces excess sweating (Hyperhidrosis)
- High in fiber and anti-oxidants and thus very useful for easy digestion
- Lactating mothers can eat this veggie to decrease the problem of vomiting in infants.
- Great source of phytonutrients and low in calories
I know most of the peoples don't like this vegetable, but look at its so many benefits and include this vegetable in your diet and get its benefits.