Ganesha Chaturthi is the Hindu festival celebrated in honour of Lord Ganesha.
This is a very auspicious day celebrated all across the country to pray to Ganesha ji, so that every new activity that is started is successfully completed without any obstacles.
The primary sweet dish during the festival is modak or ladoo. These ladoos are really high in calories and the people on weight loss diet may not be comfortable having these ladoos, so here is a recipe which gives you the taste and fullness of having a ladoo and yet not adding much of calories.
Lets all say, ‘Ganpati bappa Moraya’ and relish these sumptuous ladoos.
Oats Ladoo Recipe
Ganesha Chaturthi is the Hindu festival celebrated in honour of Lord Ganesha.Ingredients:
- 1 cup roasted oats
- 2 tsp dry dates powder
- 2 tsp Ghee for binding
- ¾ cup jaggery
- 1tsp cardamom powder
- Cashew nuts & Almonds for toppings
- Mix all the ingredients (without cashew nuts and almonds) and put them in mixer. Grind them till smooth.
- Remove the mixture and make small balls (Ladoos) of the mixture.
- Now put a toping of cashew nut or almond on the ladoo and serve it.
- One ladoo gives approximately 100-120 Kcal and these can certainly be relished on this auspicious occasion without fear of adding much of the calories.