All of us have seen and come across tips for weight loss, but seldom have we seen enough tips for weight gain. Just like weight loss...weight gain does not happen overnight. It is a gradual process and needs loads of patience and determination.Here are few tips to gain weight easily without putting on unnecessary fat.
Tips which can help you in gaining weight-
- Eat small and frequent meals , if you are eating 3 meals in a day break them down to 6 and try and have meals every 3-4 hours.
- Even though you might feel that eating a burger, pizza with some coke and mountain dew would help you in gaining weight,Beware! These foods can make you fat in the long run.Eat good and healthy food, by that I mean good amounts of protein,healthy carbs and good fats. You need to build muscle and not a storehouse of fats.
- Eating protein rich foods i.e foods like milk, cottage cheese, chicken, eggs, fish and cheese becomes important because without enough protein the entire meal would end up turning into carbs and ultimately fats.
- Eat calorie dense foods like nuts (almond, walnut, cashew, pecan nuts, peanuts, dry fruits) and good amounts of fruits and vegetables.
- If you have to eat carbohydrates then make sure you choose complex carbohydrates like oatmeal,brown rice,quinoa and barley.Do not have too much of simple carbohydrates (candies, doughnuts, pastries, cakes), remember these shall make you plum and not healthy.
- Exercise!! Yes weight training can be your best friend if you have to put on weight and build some muscles.Resort to compound exercises like squats, bench presses, chin ups, pull ups and dips.
- Sleep well, by that I mean sleep for at least 8 hours because while you are sleeping the body is building up some muscles.
- Do not skip meals as it can hinder the process of weight gain
Last but not the least remember with muscles you would gain some fat, but that is completely okay. Eat less of refined, processed and high fattening foods and see your weight increasing soon.