During festivals and parties, we all give our diet plans a break. And rightfully so! There is so much delicious food and drink around. Who wants to just eat lettuce and sip water & ice, all night, when there is carb loaded, deep fried and boozed up goodness all around you?
But often we over do the eating and drinking! And the next morning, we feel bloated, fat and sometimes even sick!
What has essentially happened to our body is all the food and drink that we eat, contains simple carbs, sugar, salt & alcohol. Some of these make you lethargic, others make you feel bloated, some of them like alcohol is considered toxic by your liver, and overall too many calories increases your blood sugar levels & water retention.
That’s why you feel tired, fat and most importantly guilty.
Fortunately, we have a solution to your ‘after party’ problems.
You can follow these simple body detoxification rules to flush out the toxins.
- Avoid meat completely for a day
- Keep protein consumption low for the day as it puts stress on your digestive system
- Keep salt consumption low as it may increase sodium levels in your body
- Eat foods that are rich in fiber content
- Keep dairy products consumption to minimum
- Avoid eating foods with high saturated fat content
- Munch on deeply colored fruits and vegetables as they are rich in antioxidants that help in removing toxins from the body
- Drink lots of water throughout as hydrating your body helps detoxification
- Minimize caffeine intake
- Minimum to no processed sugar consumption
- Avoid simple carbohydrates like maida, white bread, pasta, etc.
- Avoid starchy vegetables like potato, corn, peas, etc.
If these rules are too many for you to follow, then to make it simpler for you to detoxify, then here is a simple full day detox diet plan for you. This will help cleanse your system of toxins, energize you and help you get rid of that bloated feeling.
Full Day Detox Diet with Benefits of each meal
1. Early Morning: As soon as you wake up, start with one big glass of warm water with pinch of ginger and juice of a half lemon, along a pinch of cinnamon
Water: Increases metabolic rate
Lemon: Balances pH of body
Ginger: Stimulates gastric and pancreatic enzyme secretion
Cinnamon: Reduces bad cholesterol levels helps balance blood sugar level and is a very rich source of antioxidants. This glass of water starts the cleansing process.
Breakfast: Your breakfast should be a bowl of pomegranate, and 1 apple to kick start your day
Pomegranate: One of the richest source of antioxidants that helps flush out toxins
Apple: Contains soluble fiber called pectin that reduces LDL, the bad cholesterol. Both of these fruits are rich in fiber, so they keep you from getting hungry.
2. Mid Morning Snack: To keep going through the day sip on a cup of Green Tea.
Green Tea: The caffeine from green tea will energize you instantly. It contains EGCG, which research has shown, increases the rate at which fat is burned in your body.
3. Lunch: Keep your lunch light yet nutritious with one bowl carrot & spinach soup, with a pinch of turmeric alternatively you can have carrot and spinach green smoothie.
Carrot: Rich in Vitamin A that flushes out toxins from the body, reduces bile and fat present in the liver. Fiber rich content helps in cleaning out the colon.
Spinach: Too much party food can make you constipated. Rich fiber and water content in spinach promotes a healthy digestive tract; besides restores vitamins and minerals in the body.
Turmeric: Turmeric is one of most potent foods for detoxification. It is being used even for cancer cure research. Its detoxification effect will help your body filter and expel toxins.
4. Evening snack: Freshen up your evening with a glass of Coconut Water and beat mid meal hunger pangs.
Coconut Water: Party food can have a high sodium content. Coconut water is rich in electrolytes and has more potassium than four bananas that helps in reducing sodium content in body, and is super hydrating.
5. Dinner: Finish your detox diet day with one bowl of sautéed tomato and green beans. Make this with omega 3 rich oil.
Tomato:It has a rich content of powerful antioxidant called Lycopene.
Green Beans: They are an excellent source of Vitamin K, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, fiber and manganese.
Follow this simple detox diet plan for a day and bang!! You are back on track, ready to take on another upcoming party without being guilty.
Apart from diet, your body also need some workout to detoxify itself, a 15 minute home workout on regular basis is good enough to flush out the toxins.
Note: This detox diet is for one day only and should not be practiced for more than a day fortnightly.