Putting a whole lot of creams and lotion on skin cannot make it glow. It is balanced and nutrient rich diet which bring a inner glow and helps in making it look beautiful and soft. Vitamin-A,C and E are increasingly important because of their antioxidant properties. Free radicals are thought to be the cause of many diseases from cancer to cold.
Vitamin-A works as an anti-oxidant. The free radicals are unleashed by white blood cells whenever the skin is irritated by sun, smoke or pollution. If not taken into consideration the free radicals molecule cause damage to skin and bring firmness to skin. Damaged skin further lead to wrinkles, can also lead to skin cancer,etc.
VITAMIN-A RICH FOODS:
- It is found in many yellow and green vegetables, egg yolk, butter, liver and fish oils.
- Retenoids present in Vitamin-A can reduce and prevent from wrinkles, brown spots, etc and also bring improvement in skin texture and tone.
- Beta-carotene present in carrots, leafy veggies, sweet potato, squash, meat, butter, cheese also contain agents which helps in protection of skin cells.
- A combination of vitamin-A and Beta-carotene can help in protecting the skin from harmful effects of free radicals.
- Water is an essential component of body as it helps in maintaining the pH of body and also regulates the metabolism of body.
- Drinking enough of water will decrease the Acne problem and will provide you with glowing and clear skin.
- Enough of water intake will help in releasing out the toxins from body through sweat and urine.
People who do not consume enough of water face indigestion problem and constipation problem. So, it is advised to have enough of water in your diet.
VITAMIN-C or ASCORBIC ACID:
- It act as an anti-oxidant by scavenging free radicals out from body. The harmful effects caused by sunlight's rays can be decreased by vitamin-C and this can control the skin damage.
- Vitamin-C is found in citrus fruits and vegetables like oranges, kale, broccoli, strawberry, grapefruit, guava, bell peppers, tomatoes, cauliflower,etc.
- Like vitamin-A and C Vitamin-E is also an anti-oxidant. When it is combined with vitamin-C it act as powerful protective factor against sunlight.
- Vitamin-E is present in vegetables, oils, seeds, corn. soy, whole-wheat flour, margarine, nuts and some meat and dairy products.
- Vitamin-E is also used on skin for protection against sunburn.
To find the required amount of anti-oxidants, it is important to eat a varied and balanced diet.
For balanced and varied diet consult an experienced dietitian.
Enjoy journey to health..!!