1. Exercise daily: This habit can never be stressed upon enough. It gets your body up and running, and helps to make you feel good about your body. When exercising daily, your body is fit and healthy, decreasing the risk of lifestyle diseases. The kind and level of exercises that you do is completely dependent upon your goals.
2. Eat right: What you eat everyday and your way and habit of eating makes more impact than you think. Stick to well-balanced meals that supply your body with just the right amount of proteins, carbohydrates, etc. Food also has an impact on your moods and it is important that you understand what each food does to different kinds of moods. Make sure you eat a power-packed breakfast as it is the only meal of the day that gives you enough energy to get through to the next meal.
3. Limit your online time: Social media has become so much a part of our lives. But being online and making your social media presence felt all the time isn't all that 'cool', but a rather unhealthy habit. Checking your phone constantly for those incessant notifications, hearing ghost rings, can make you have extremely jumpy nerves. Limit the number of times you check your phone in a day and have phases where you don't touch it at all, especially just before you go to bed. The glare of your smartphone can not only ruin your sleeping patterns but also your eyesight.
4. Stay hydrated: You should drink a glass of water as the first thing in the morning, to wash out all the toxins that have accumulated overnight. This helps to boost your metabolism and raises your energy levels. Drink enough water during the rest of the day to keep up this cleansing effect.
5. Meditate: In a world that is now so virtual, it is integral that you take out time for yourself and yourself only. Meditation is a way by which you can find inner peace and clear your mind of all unnecessary thoughts. It helps you to focus on yourself, your goals and wants. Starting your day peacefully with intent and focus is the way to go.