Diet, exercise and weight reduction are three pillars of healthy heart. Out of these, a good diet is very important. Here are five heart healthy foods, which you should make a regular component of your daily diet:
- Flax Seeds: Flax seeds are very rich in Omega-3-essential fatty acids, which are heart healthy. One tablespoon of ground flax seeds contains about 1.8 grams of plant Omega 3s. In addition, flax seeds are very rich source of fibre, which helps in reducing bad cholesterol.
- Oats: Oatmeal is high in soluble fibre, which helps in lowering cholesterol.
- Nuts: Although all nuts are healthy for heart, but amongst them, walnuts are high in Omega-3 fatty acids. Almonds, Peanuts, Pistachios are good for heart, as they contain Vitamin E, which helps in lowering the bad cholesterol.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes are a rich source of anti-oxidant Lycopene. Which reduces bad cholesterol.
- Soyabeen: Soy products, are rich in polyunsaturated fats and vitamins, which reduces bad cholesterol.