Fistula IN Ano
- It occurs due to hard stool, while passing through anal canal, sits in to anal gland and anal gland gets infection.
- Infected anal gland turns in to pus formation..called perianal abscess...
- When this abscess pus finds abnormal tract to skin other than anus, it is called fistula in ano.
- This fistula can can tract through sphincter muscle of anal canal.
- While treatment it is important to avoid sphincter muscle injury to prevent incontinence to stool.
- Minor surgery is the only treatment of this condition.