Here are a few examples of when you should avoid further exercising and take a few days off:
- if you’ve pulled or sprained a muscle
- if you’re feeling lightheaded in addition to sore
- if you’re experiencing extended cramping
- if you have difficulty breathing
- if you experience any kind of chest pain
In most cases, exercise is a healthy activity. However, like anything else, it can be dangerous when done to excess. Exercising too much can put you at risk for a variety of serious health problems.