- It is a well known fact that ED is caused in 70% of cases by vascular insufficiency orreduced blood supply
- The arterial System in body supplies oxygenated blood to all organs for their normal functioning.
- There are arteries of different internal diameters in body :
Cavernosal and Halacine arteries to penis with diameter 2.5-3 mm
Cardiac arteries to the heart with internal diameter 4-5 mm
Carotid arteries to brain having internal diameter 6 mm
Femoral Artery to the lower limb having internal diameter 8-9 mm
- Reduction in blood supply causes gangrene in lower limbs, brain stroke in brain, ischemic disorder in heart and ED in Penis.
- Disorders like increased lipids, atherosclerosis causing reduction of internal lumen or tobacco , pollution causing spasm will affect all the arteries but produce symptoms in the organ supplied by the smallest artery first
- As the smallest artery is in penis, any reduction in blood supply will produce symptoms in the penis first of all ( ED)
HENCE, IF ED PERSISTS FOR A FEW WEEKS IN A YOUNG PERSON (30-40 YEARS), it should never be ignored as it may be a warning sign for a future cardiac event.
What to do?
- Immediately consult your physician , or better asexologist
- Assessment for associated risk factors likediabetes, hypertension, obesity, raised lipids, stress,inadequate sleep or sedentary life style
- Management of above factors can not only improveyour sex life and save your marriage, but may also save you from a catastrophicfuture event and prolonging your life