Double chin is caused by an extra layer of fat that develops beneath the chin called as submandibular fat also. A few different factors combine in the body to create a double chin Understanding these factors may help with understanding ways to get rid of the double chin.
1) Age:- The skin can start to lose its elasticity as the body ages, which can load to the appearance of extra or saggy skin that may contributed to a double chin.
2) Diet and weight:- While weight gain is not always the cause of a double chin it can contribute to it. A diet high in calories, processed food and unhealthful fats may influence weight gain and a double chin as well.
3) Genetics:- Genetics may play a role in people developing a double chin. Anyone with a family history of skin elasticity or double chin might be more likely to develop one themselves.
4) Posture:- Poor posture can weaken the muscle of the neck and chin and may lose its elasticity when the muscles are not used.
- Face mask
- Radio frequency
- Cool sculpt
1. Face mask:
Face mask can help to tighten the skin and reduce the appearance of a double chin. A collagen mask is available for skin tightening.
A natural diet may help reduce the appearance of a double chin, especially if it is caused by weight gain. Reducing the number of calories consumed each day can be helpful.
Drinking plenty of water removes more fat from the body because it helps to remove more toxins from the body.
It's a safe treatment to reduce submental fat in adults. Deoxycholic acid is a acid which has synthetics detergent properties used to solubilize fat alter entering into adipocytes. It activates phosphatide enzyme which produces phosphatide acid and helps to reduce the fat under the cin.
- 3 to 4 session are required in a gap of 1 to 2 months.
Mesotherapy cocktail causes lipolysis which helps in reducing the fat under the chin.
- 4 to 6 session are required in a gap of 2 weeks.
5. Radio frequency:
It's a non invasive, effective and safe treatment to reduce fat under the chin. The procedure is not just about losing fat. Radio frequency can also boost the production of collagen in the skin reducing cellulite and making the skin look like and feel firmer.
- 4 to 8 session are required in a gap of 2 to 4 months.
HIFU treatments tighten the skin and tone superficial muscles of the face, neck and under the chin. This can improve ones appearance by reducing a double chin. Depending on individual needs, HIFU energy can target up to three layers of skin (dermis, subcutaneous fat & SMAS layers).
7. Cool Sculpt:
Coolsculpting is a patented nonsurgical cooling technique used to reduce fat in targeted areas. It’s based on the science of cryolipolysis. Cryolipolysis uses cold temperatures to freeze and destroy fat cells.
The procedure was created to address specific areas of stubborn fat not responsive to diet and exercise, such as the chin.