1. Avoid sitting down, on the floor, for eating or for prayers. Sit on the chair. Standing up from the floor causes 7-8 times your body weight pressure on the knees causing lots of cartilage damage
2. Use Commode instead of an Indian toilet
3. Avoid repeated stair climbing
4. Avoid walking as an exercise for knee pain. While walking, the knee surfaces rub against each other due to body weight pressure, and cause cartilage damage
5. Jogging, running, and skipping are an absolute NO
1. Static cycling and swimming are the 2 best exercises for knee pain. Cycling should be done with resistance to be kept at an absolute minimum.