‘Heart’ a unique special organ, beats for self & sometimes for OTHERS!
The human body is a complex network of organs; which are dependent on each other for their work. Heart plays a key role & is responsible for blood supply to every part of the body. The heart is very personal to every individual! This vital organ is placed safely in the cage of ribs, secured from both sides by the lungs. And irrespective of your desire, it keeps on beating right from your foetal age till death, day and night, without taking a break. To continue this work throughout life it needs utmost care! Prevention of damage is more important to save the originality of this vital organ.
Research indicates that STRESS is a major contributing factor for heart diseases. The fast pace life, upcoming new technologies coerce you to cope up on various fronts! Whatever you have achieved today, be it at workplace, job-position, finances etc. can't guarantee your future success! Essentially you need to add-on, put more efforts to keep growing in life. These challenges of life generate stress, which affects heart! And off course for success in life, physical & mental fitness is also important!
That’s why in today's stressful world, 'dil mange "more" care' ( taking extra care of heart is necessary).
Causes / Predisposing factors for heart disease -
- Smoking/ tobacco
- Blood pressure – with higher cholesterol
- Diabetics are 2-3 %more prone than others
- ‘Type A’ personality
- Alcohol – 75gms /day is inviting heart problems
- Oral contraceptive pills in females- prolonged use
- Others – irregular habits, undisciplined activities etc.
- Stress control
- Lifestyle changes , Time management
- Prevention therapies e.g.– ayurvedic shirodhara, hrudaybasti etc.
- Certain herbs,Arjuna, puarnava, trifala -with doctor's advice
- Yoga, Pranayam & Meditation
So, take care of your very own heart & enjoy all good things of life
Dr. Bharati Gidwani