There is a paradigm shift in Dental Lab Procedures, with the advancement of medical science, a number of advanced dental technologies have been invented. Using state-of-the-art tools and scientific procedures, these technologies ensure perfect solutions for the traditional oral and dental problems. The ultimate purpose of making use of these advanced technologies is to make the entire process of dentistry more durable, comfortable, efficient and look aesthetically beautiful.
Now a days Dental Crowns are made from Computer Assisted CNC-Machine (CAD-CAM) and not manually.
These metal free crowns are better than conventional Porcelain crowns in terms of:-
1) Better strength and fracture resistance
2) Very precise fit and accurate
3) Highly aesthetic even for longer term
4) Less tooth reduction (grinding) needed
5) More bio-compatible
6) Some Crowns comes with upto 15 years of Global Warranty*
CROWNS WE OFFER AT BHATNAGAR DENTAL CLINIC:-
There are various kind of Dental Crowns available in the market, but we only offer crowns which are safe, comfortable, compatible and long lasting.
1) Metal Free 3M LAVA /e-max / Royale / Cercon / Procera:-
These are the names of various companies now a days which are providing these highly aesthetic and durable crowns with upto 15 years of warranty card.
2) Metal Free Single layered Monolith Zirconia Crowns:
These are single layered crown therefore very less tooth reduction is needed with them. These are the strongest of the crowns in the world. This Lithium disilicate / Zirconium is a high strength ceramic material with a flexural strength at 360 to 400 MPa, while porcelain materials used in veneered zirconium crowns have a flexural strength of 80 to 110MPa.
Most suited for back teeth even for heavy chewing pressure. Also comes with a warranty card upto 15years
Only disadvantage is that only 8 shades are available in them, so not suitable for front teeth
3) PFM CAD-CAM Porcelain fused to metal Crowns: These are high strength Porcelain crowns fabricated by computer assisted CNC machines and comes with 5yrs warranty certificate from the company, gives much better strength at reasonable price
Disadvantages- A black metal line can be seen at the margings and also difficult to achieve the translucency of your natural tooth as light can pass through natural teeth, but not in these due to presence of metal inside leaving a dull and lifeless appearance
4) PFM Porcelain fused to metal Crowns:
· Aesthetics of Porcelain and strength of metal,
· Most common type of crowns,
· Serving the society for more than 50 years
· Advantages-Economical, Durable, can be prepared in less time
Disadvantages-- Porcelain breakage.
Although relatively rare, the porcelain portion of a PFM crown may fracture or separate from its underlying metal substructure. Fortunately, this type of mishap doesn't always render a crown useless. Its need for replacement will depend on the magnitude and location of the loss and how much it compromises the crown's function and appearance. Also A black metal line can be seen at the margins and also difficult to achieve the translucency of your natural tooth as light can pass through natural teeth, but not in these due to presence of metal inside leaving a dull and lifeless appearance