We are getting closer to welcome shower of rains of monsoon which soothes our body from summer heat. During monsoon our body is susceptible to germs and affected with allergies, infections digestion problems, so we need to keep our body resistant against such diseases. The reason behind low immunity is that the humidity in the atmosphere is usually high during this season. To avoid this discomfort and enjoy the rain drops we just have to keep in mind that we must avoid oily foods, street foods or any type of foods that is prepared in bulk else there is a possibility that it will upset your stomach.
Diet tips to stay healthy during Monsoon:
As Monsoon brings pleasant atmosphere it also plays a host for germs which causes dengue, malaria, conjunctivitis, typhoid, viral fever, pneumonia, gastro intestinal disturbances, and diarrhea. To maintain healthy diet and protect you from such causes these protective measures have to be taken:
- Eat fruits as they restore energy - apples leeches, banana, mango pomegranate are best.
- Consume low salt foods as high salt foods increases B.P and leads to water retention.
- Use corn, gram flour, chick peas etc. Brown rice, oats, barley are the best foods.
- Garlic, ginger, pepper, honey, mint, basil leaves should be increased to boost immunity.
- Consume or opt for yogurt, curd, and almonds in your diet instead of milk.
- Consume boiled / purified water to protect yourself from germs and to stay hydrated.
- Consume veggies like bitter guard, tomatoes, tori, tinda, lime. Consume methi seeds, tamarind.
- Avoid spicy foods
Following these guidelines helps you to stay safe and healthy during monsoons, always binge on nutritional foods and be hygienic by taking necessary precautionary measures like cleaning your house, washing hands before and after every meal, etc.