Summers are here. Hence the need for a change in diet and other healthy living tips!
1. Start your day with seasonal fruits like litchi, grapes, jamuns, mango (acts as a cleanser, soak mangoes in water for 20 minutes before consumption for cooling effect), watermelon, muskmelon to provide longer-lasting energy.
2. Include probiotic drinks like curd in the daily meal plan.
3. For all those who suffer from constipation, gas, and acidity, headaches in summers, this one is an absolute must to have on a daily basis:
Sabja (Basil) seeds. Not just a quick detox but an instant cooler and bloating reliever. Soak one teaspoon in 50 ml water for 30 minutes before use and use soaked seeds in a glass of any drink/shake. It can also be taken with water, that is, ½ teaspoon in one glass of water.
4. Have coconut water which prevents dehydration, cramps, relieves migraine.
5. Include jeera in the diet which clams nerve and helps in burning fats. Juices such as lemon, aloe vera, bael, wheatgrass, bottle gourd, mint, and amla help in glowing skin and relieve headaches.
6. Fruit smoothies and buttermilk with asafoetida, mint, and roasted cumin seeds as mid snacks rather than colas, sodas, and tinned fruit juices would be better.
7. Include gondkatira or chia seeds in fruit smoothies.
8. Drink plenty of water to ensure that urine is colorless for electro balance (preferable water from earthen pots than the refrigerator).
9. Eat cucumber twice in a day 30 minutes before meals for fiber and coolant effect.
10. Gulkand milk at bedtime is a natural coolant. Hydrate with normal water or infused drinks.
11. Lemon with rock salt water is the best detox drink that alkalines the body, thus combating acidity.
1. Avoid fruits and veggies that have been cut and kept in the open for long.
2. Do not drink very chilled liquids, they do not really help in cooling though they do give cooling effect for a short while, and decrease water intake.
3. Avoid caffeinated or carbonated beverages, alcoholic beverages, and those high in sugar.
4. All these drinks contain preservatives, colors, and sugars and act as diuretics (They cause loss of fluids through urine and body gets dehydrated).
5. Avoid sugary foods and stick to natural sugars available from fruits and veggies.
6. Cut the intake of fried foods like vadas, samosas, chips, bhajias etc. Fat has a thermal effect.
7. Never skip breakfast in summers. People who eat breakfast perform better at work, get less tired during a long working day and have more energy than those who only take a cup of tea/coffee.
8. Minimize the intake of dried fruits and increase the intake of fresh fruits.
9. Minimize the intake of hot, spicy foods, and extremely salted foods.
10. Reduce intake of healthy vegetables and fruits like spinach, radish, hot peppers, onions, garlic, beetroot, pineapple, grapefruit, etc.
#StayHome, #StayCool, #StaySafe