Ideal daily skin care routine is commonly called CTMS- that's using Cleanser, Toner, Moisturiser and Sunscreen.
Just follow these simple things and you will see wonders happen:
- Always wash your face gently with a cleanser or a face wash at least twice to thrice a day. Avoid using any soap on the face. If your face is oily, you can use a toner after washing your face. If its dry, avoid using the toner. You can use a moisturiser after washing the face and then put a sunscreen.
- Few people may feel messy using the sunscreen over moisturiser, so instead of using the moisturiser directly put the sunscreen. Using the sunscreen is very important, in fact it should be a priority in daily skin care routine. Almost more than 80% of damage to the skin is just because of the UV rays. Still most people insist that they are not exposed to the light, they live in the AC house, drive in AC car and work in AC office. Let me remind you that almost all the time we are surrounded by the light coming from the Sun as well as coming from the laptop, TV , computers, and lights. The intensity of indoor lights is not too much but its never a one time exposure, its a cumulative damage. Even five minutes of UV rays makes the skin suffer. If we calculate and add each 5 minutes of UV exposure we will be surprised how many days we have been exposed. We can easily make out the difference on our own skin... See the neck and collar area and compare with the covered skin. So always put on the sunscreen, not only outdoors but indoors too. Most of the people do not know how to put the sunscreen and how many times. I will help you here. Ideally you should reapply the sunscreen every 2 to 3 hours because the effect of sunscreen wanes if in 2 to 3 hours. And yes its possible to do so. Not so difficult. If you feel too messy or oily, you can always counter that using a talcum powder or mixing few drops of calamine lotion in that. Most of the people are also confused about the SPF. I tell them not to bother about the SPF. Even if you are using SPF 15 that's more than sufficient. Using more SPF does not necessarily means more protection. Always reapply it if you really want the best protection for yourself. Use sunscreen 365 days in a year.
- Always put on sunglasses, not the local one but the one which really blocks the UV rays.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat green leafy vegetables.
- Have fruits rich in vitamin C like lemon, oranges, etc. and the most important of all, as I always say:
BE HAPPY AND KEEP SMILING!