Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a new virus.
The disease causes respiratory illness like this flu with a dry cough, fever, throat itching and in more severe cases breathing difficulty.
Coronavirus disease spreads primarily through contact with an infected person when they cough, sneeze. It also spreads when a person touches a surface or objects that have the virus on it, then touches his eyes, nose, or mouth.
Most people recover from the disease without needing special treatment. More rarely the disease can be serious and even fatal. People with low immunity or with other medical conditions like asthma, diabetes, surgery, heart disease, cancer, may be more vulnerable to becoming severely ill.
Management during COVID @ at workplace, hand washing, how to wear and dispose off PPE
Wash your hands with soap and water or sanitize your hands with a minimum of 60% alcohol based sanitizer whenever:
a. You eat food.
b. Touches any outside things doorknobs, handles, hooks, shelves, products etc.
c. Using the bathroom.
d. Touching your preventive measures like a head cover, face masks, gloves, or overcoat.
e. Come across any infectious things.
f. Leaving for home
e. Just after reaching home.
2. Cough into the elbow not in hands or tissue or handkerchief.
3. Do not touch your face. start using your left hand to open doors and infected places to avoid the sudden touch of your face.
4. Keep safe distancing of 1 meter or 3 feet.
5. Stay at home if you can, do not step out unnecessarily.
6. HOW TO MANAGE YOUR SHOPPING
Keep all non-perishable or dry-packed items bought from market in your car or at empty space in a box or table separately for 72 hours or keep it in sun for 2 hours (do you remember earlier days when dadi/nani keep on drying all eatables in the sunlight whenever grocery was purchased), the virus will be destroyed by itself.
Mask or currency like rupee note can be kept for 3-5 days in a packet at one place then use again.
Wash your vegetables in lukewarm water or with 1 teaspoon salt / vinegar /soda /a pinch of potassium permengnate ,soak for 10 mnts or ozonise your vegetables then keep in refrigerate or for fresh usage.
For milk, curd and other perishable food packets, wash them with soap and water then use. Avoid newspaper and other online shopping packages to keep away fomites to infect you.
Do not go for frequent shopping make a list and then go for purchasing and avoid out visit.
7. Give paid leave to your drivers, maids and other helpers to minimize outsiders inside your home, if not possible then take all precautions.
You have mild symptoms - stay at home until you have recovered. You can relieve your symptoms if you :
1. Rest and sleep.
2. Keep on drinking warm water, lemon honey water, warm soups, black pepper, tulsi, Choti peepal, ginger, mulethi tea or decoction or detox water.
3. Healthy balanced vitamin C and antioxidants rich diet.Try fresh new recipes during home stay.
4. Take a luke-warm water shower and get some sunlight every day.
5. Warm saline gargle and jal neti or steaming whenever possible to ease a sore throat and cough.
6. Do regular Yoga, Dancing, Squats, Zumba or any type of physical activity to burn your calories.
7. Invoke the precious memory of self-realization and enjoy your leisure time in your all-time favorite hobbies like music, painting, writing, reading, cooking, and many more which you have forgotten due to your busy schedule in your life.
8. Enjoy with your family in a healthy way.
9. If someone is in stress or in quarantine, be supportive with them by saying just a few caring words like we are with you, we miss you as well, we love you make them overcome with your kind words. Do regular meditation and relaxing chanting of your choice on a regular basis.
There is no specific medicine to prevent or treat coronavirus disease (COVID-19). People may need supportive care to help them breathe.
Medical treatment, If you develop a fever, cough, and have difficulty breathing, promptly seek medical care. Call in advance and tell your health provider of any recent travel or recent contact with travelers.
Last but not least, keep yourself away from infection as well as dispose off your preventive measures like mask, gloves caps in a closed container.