The coronavirus is a family of viruses that causes illnesses like cold to more severe diseases such as Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) and Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS). A new coronavirus has broken out in the Chinese city of Wuhan, named as Novel coronavirus. (2019-nCov). A seafood market is assumed to be the source of the outbreak. At least 106 people have died in China and more than 4500 people are affected worldwide. Most coronaviruses spread the same way other cold-causing viruses do - through infected people, coughing and sneezing, by touching an infected person’s hands or face or by touching shared things.
According to WHO, signs and symptoms are:
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Shortness of breath and breathing difficulties
Diagnosis:- It can be done from respiratory fluids such as mucus from the nose or blood.
Complications:- Pneumonia, Severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure or even death
Treatment:- There is no vaccine for Coronavirus. So treatment includes taking care of yourself like the way you would treat a common cold.
- Drink enough water, preferably warm water
- Get plenty of rest
- Take over-the-counter medicines to reduce body pain and fever
Prevention:- To avoid coronavirus infection, do the same things you would do to avoid a cold:
* Avoid close contact with infected people
* Wash your hands with soap and warm water, use hand sanitizers
* Keep your hands and fingers away from your eyes, nose and mouth
* Do not share your towels, soap or household items with infected people
* Avoid consumption of raw or uncooked food
* While visiting live markets, avoid direct contact with live animals
* While coughing and sneezing, cover mouth and nose with towels
Seek medical care if you have any such symptoms.
Remember, Coronavirus can spread in the same way as common cold or flu.
Homeopathic Approach (Medicines) for Coronavirus for specific symptoms
1) Aconite:- Sudden onset from exposure to Cold; To Cold Dry Winds, Nose, Coryza dry, with headache, roaring in ears, fever, thirst, sleeplessness. Checked coryza, better open air, worse talking. Fluent coryza, frequent sneezing; dropping of a clear hot water: fluent morning. Throat. Acute inflammation of the throat with high fever, dark redness of the parts, burning and stinging
2) Allium cepa [All-c]:- Coryza streaming eyes and nose, with headache; frequent sneezing, profuse acrid discharge from nose, corroding lip and nose. Lachrymation also profuse, but bland Hot thirsty: worse evening: indoors: warm room. Better open air. Violent catarrhal laryngitis. Tickling in larynx Cough seems to split and tear larynx: grasps larynx, feels as if cough will tear it. Cough from inhaling cold air.
3) Belladonna [Bell]:- Suppressed catarrh with maddening headache. Throat raw and sore: very red and shining. Hoarseness with painful dryness of larynx. As if larynx inflamed and swollen, with snoring breathing and danger of suffocation. Acute catarrhal laryngitis. Cough with red, injected throat.
Disclaimer: This article is written by the Practitioner for informational purposes only. Users must not view the content as medical advice in any way. Users are also required to ’NOT SELF MEDICATE’ and always consult a practicing specialist before taking any medicines or undergoing any treatment. Practo and the Practitioner will not be responsible for any act or omission by the User arising from the User’s interpretation of the content.