Dark circles or periorbital hypermelanosis is a common problem. Every 9 out of 10 people complain of having dark circles. It is a difficult condition to completely correct but there are therapies to reduce its appearance. Dark circles give the face a tired and sad look and makes you appear older.
- Constant rubbing of eyes: it traumatises the skin around the eyes and leads to creation of fine lines.
- Allergies: Atopic dermatitis, asthma, sinusitis, rhinitis ,allergies to cosmetics or eye drops
- Sunken eyes, tear trough
- Sign of ageing: loss of elasticity of skin creates folds and makes the under eye area appear darker
- Superficial location of vasculature on skin under the eyes
- Pigment deposition in under eye skin
- Swelling under the eyes
Uncorrected refractive errors could lead to tiredness of eyes at the end of the day. This can worsen dark circles. Hence get your eyes checked.