Fungal skin diseases are generally caused by various sorts of fungi and are the main reasons behind an irritated skin. Fungi attack and develop in dead keratin, a protein that makes up your skin, hair and nails. The various sorts of fungal diseases are caused by various groups of fungi. Some common fungal skin infections include ringworm, intertrigo, nail infections, Athlete’s foot, etc.
The likelihood of fungal infections increases in the following cases:
1. If you are overweight
2. Not drying your skin completely after a shower or wash
3. Walking barefoot in shower and wet locations
4. In case of a pregnancy
5. If you have a weak immune system
6. If you suffer from diabetes
7. If you come into contact with a person or animal with fungal infections.
8. Due to a recent course of antibiotics
Fungal rashes can at times be mistaken for other skin conditions, for example, psoriasis and eczema. Fungal skin diseases can bring about a number of skin rashes; some of them being red, textured and itchy. The organism can influence only one region, or a few zones of your body. In the event that you get a fungal disease of your scalp, you might lose some hair.