Breastfeeding benefits do extend well beyond the basic nutrition.
Apart from containing essential and important vitamins and nutrients, the baby requires during the first six months, breastfeed is a full package of building immunity towards infections and protecting your child.
Let’s have some look on its powerful impact on health:
- Protection from huge list of illnesses:
- To offer maximum protection to your child there should be exclusive breastfeeding for at least six months (no formula, water or solid food).
- Breast milk fights against ear infections, respiratory illnesses, stomach infections. It forms a protective layer in by the baby’s intestinal tract thereby protecting from allergies.
- Boosts the IQ levels in your child:
- The presence of fatty acids in the breast milk plays the major role in providing benefits to the brainpower and also helps in cognitive development.
- Protects from obesity:
- Insulin which stimulates the creation of fat is known to be less in breast milk than formula.
- These babies contain more of leptin a hormone which plays a role in regulating appetite and fat.
- Formula-fed infants rapidly gain weight in first weeks of life as compared to breastfed which is associated later with obesity.
- Lowers your baby’s risk of SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome).
- Easily digestible and nutritious.
So, always remember, breastfeeding is not a choice it’s a responsibility!