Eggs are considered to be among the most nutritious foods. Apart from being nutritious, eggs are a super food which contain large amounts of vitamins and minerals. Eggs are loaded with protein and a variety of minerals that are beneficial to the human body. In fact, one egg contains 13 essential nutrients, including protein, choline, folate, iron and zinc. Egg protein is a good source of high-quality protein, providing 6.3 grams of protein, which is equivalent to 13% of the daily dietary protein requirement.
Check some amazing health benefits of eggs:
- Boosts Brain health: One of the health benefits of Eggs is that are they are a good source of choline. Choline is an important nutrient that helps regulate the brain, nervous system and cardiovascular system. During pregnancy, egg is essential for proper fetal brain development and decreased neural tubes defects
- Promotes Weight Loss: Eggs can help you lose weight by controlling the rate at which your body absorbs calories. When managing your weight, choose foods that provide the maximum amount of nutrition for the least amount of calories. Eggs are of great nutritional value to those trying to lose weight and maintain healthy weight. Health benefits of eggs can lead to weight loss and decrease in waist circumference
- Improve Eyesight: Another health benefit of eggs is that it is helpful in improving eye sight. Lutein and Zeaxanthin are antioxidants found in egg yolk. They are believed to help improve eyesight and reduce the risk of age-related macular degeneration (leading cause of blindness in people over age 65 years) as well as the in risk of cataracts
- Improve Your Cholesterol Profile: Not only have studies shown that eggs do not significantly affect cholesterol levels in most individuals, but latest research studies suggest that eating whole eggs may actually result in a significant improvement in one's blood lipid (cholesterol) profile - even in people whose cholesterol levels rise when eating cholesterol-rich foods
- Energy Booster: Including protein rich eggs in your diet helps sustain your energy level and curb hunger, cravings and unhealthy snacking. Protein is most filling nutrient
- Prevent Blood Clots:Eating eggs may help lower risk of a heart attack or stroke by helping to prevent blood clots. The anti-clotting egg yolk proteins inhibit clot formation in a dose-dependent manner - the more egg yolks eaten, the more clot preventing action
- Promotes Healthy hair and nails: Eggs promote healthy hair and nails because of their high sulphur content and a wide variety of vitamins and minerals. Many people find their hair growing faster after adding eggs to their diet, especially if their diets they were previously deficient in foods containing sulphur or Vitamin B 12
- Healthy pregnancy: Choline is an essential nutrient that contributes to fetal brain development and helps prevent birth defects. Two eggs provide about 250 milligrams of choline, or roughly half of the recommended daily intake for pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Helps prevent bone loss: Phosphorus is the second most abundant mineral in the body (next to calcium) with 85% found in bones and teeth. Bone loss is not only caused by lack of calcium in the body; it may also be caused by a deficiency in phosphorus as both minerals work together to build strong bones and teeth.
Eggs are not only low in calories but are packed with nutrients that are essential to healthy living. They are an ideal food at every stage of life, as well as being easy to cook and tasty.