Hunger and thirst are sensations that are often misinterpreted by people. You may not be hungry, but rather bored and in a mood to binge. Drinking water to curb this feeling is the best way to save your body from unkind damage you may cause it otherwise.
There are several benefits of drinking water especially on an empty stomach. Water benefits in human body can be well understood from the fact that the body is made up of 60% water. While water is a basic requirement for existence of life, drinking water on an empty stomach is important for your overall body’s functioning.
If you are still finding reasons why you should go in for a water detox, here are some benefits of drinking water, that may leave you convinced.
1. Cleanse your body: Consuming water on an empty stomach helps is naturally cleansing the colon, flushing out all the toxins that decrease its functioning over time. A healthy colon increases the capability of the intestines and other organs to absorb the nutrients better from the food that we consume.
2. Keeps your gut healthy: Drinking water on an empty stomach can aid the body in maintaining a healthy bowel system that eradicates the wastes from the body correctly. Besides water is also a natural medicine for a number of problems related to the gut like constipation, indigestion, intestinal infections and bloating.
3. Keeps your skin healthy: Water benefits for skin are not a new phenomenon. Several studies and research has proven the benefits of drinking water for clear glowing skin. Water helps in eliminating several toxins that are found in the bloodstream and reflect upon the skin as skin issues. Drink up some extra water if you see skin issues cropping up suddenly.
4. Faster metabolic functioning of the body: Drinking 8 oz of water a day can boost up your metabolic speed by about 24%. This enhanced metabolic speed can help you loose weight fast and have a better immunity functioning. This weight loss is healthy and is easier to maintain in the long run.
5. Boosts your Immune System: Drinking water on an empty stomach every single day can help in supporting your immune system. A clean and healthy immune system is in a better position to fight off everyday diseases and infections keeping the body healthy and guarded.
Drinking water, make it an everyday habit!
For best results from water therapy, it is important to drink up to 8 oz glasses of water each day. If you are starting this therapy, start with smaller amounts and gradually increase the quantity for the body to accept the extra water dose. Start by drinking a glass of water on an empty stomach, gradually increasing it to 2 to 3 glasses per day. It is best to start your day by consuming 2 glasses of lukewarm water. Drink up a glass of water before any meal, and make sure to wait for about 30 minutes before consuming your meal. This water therapy when inculcated as an everyday practice, is likely to increase your fitness and activity levels leaving you energized and refreshed through the day.