Don't be fooled by the size, this nutty flavoured tiny superfood is packed with essential nutrients!
Benefits Chia seeds are rich in omega 3 essential fats, helps in reducing high blood pressure and promotes efficient nerve transmission.It stabilizes blood sugar levels.It has anti-inflammatory properties which is effective in reducing the pain and inflammation of Arthritis.
Being low in calorie, it also boosts metabolism and promotes lean muscle mass as it comprises of proteins, Hence it can be used for weight management programme.Due to its antioxidants properties it has got longer shelf life.It has minerals and vitamins which improves the hair and skin condition.Once soaked in water, chia seeds makes us feel full faster thus controls the binge eating, reduces the cravings for fatty foods and cleanses the digestive system.Chia seeds absorb a lot of water and so after consumption it helps in keeping well hydrated for longer.Interestingly it does not have a strong taste unlike other seeds, hence they can be easily used in various recipes without changing the original taste.
What are their benefits?
- Helps in weight loss
- Chia seeds are a body coolant
- Improves the hair and skin condition
- Reduce the risk of heart diseases and type-2-diseases
- Improves bone health
- Slows ageing and improves skin
- Boosts energy and metabolism
How can it be added to your diet?
- These seeds are so versatile that you can use them in different recipes. You can sprinkle them on salads as seasonings, spread them on your bread mixed with vegetables, add to your ice creams, smoothies, milk shakes, Shorba, puddings, juices, yogurt, oat meals, muffins, pastas, noodles, pizza, and cakes.
- Infusing your water with these seeds
- Eating a teaspoon raw post lunch/dinner