BENEFITS OF BASIL SEEDS (SABZA SEEDS/TUKMARIA)
BASIL SEEDS ARE ADDED IN DESSERTS... SHERBET..KHEER.. ICECREAM ..FALOODA
When soaked in water the basil seeds become gelatinous (which we already know till now), and are used in Asian drinks.
ITS ADVANTAGES ARE FAR MORE THAN YOU KNOW:
- Basil seeds acts as one of the best body coolants, this is the reason that Basil seeds are usually consumed in the summers.
- Basil seeds are also said to be effective against type 2 diabetes as it helps in regulation of blood sugar level.
- Basil seeds also help with constipation, that is, it acts as a natural body detoxifies by promoting smoother bowel movements.
- Basil seeds has soothing effect on the stomach. A cup of milk with Basil seeds will do wonders for you if you suffer from acidity or stomach burn.
- Basil seeds are rich in vitamins, especially vitamin k and help keeping our skin and hair in top of its health. It is also very rich in iron and protein. A small cup of this Basil seeds will almost satisfy your daily requirement of iron and protein.
- Basil seeds are very effective for curing bladder infection.
- The alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) in the basil seeds helps in boosting the fat burning metabolism of our body and is also used to make Ecosapentaenoic acid(EPA) and Docosahexaenoic acid(DHA) that are said to help fight heart related diseases by lowering cholesterol level in the blood.
APART FROM THESE MANY BENEFITS THEY ALSO HELP IN FOLLOWING WAY:
- These seeds are able to relieve stress, mental fatigue, depression and migraine.
- They have antibacterial properties due to the presence of some essential oils in them, they can applied on cuts, wounds and infections after they are crushed.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of these seeds benefit by reducing inflammation, pain and swelling in arthritis.
- They can control formation of plaque in the arteries thereby reducing the risk of stroke and heart attacks to a certain level.
- They also relieve food poisoning and its associated symptoms like nausea and vomiting.
- The antioxidants present in basil leaves and seeds prevent any free radical damage by the impact of UV from sun rays thereby reducing the risk of cancer and degenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s.
- They also help with menstrual irregularities.
THOUGH THEY ARE ADDED IN DESSERTS AND SHERBATS. MY PERSONAL HEALTHY CHOICE IS TO HAVE A HEALTHY LEMONADE WITH SABZA SEEDS.