Come October and we all start feeling the excitement coursing through our veins, reason being the various festivals and the chance to don our new clothes for Navratri, Diwali, Christmas and New Year. But with the new clothes arises the need to prep up our skin and hair to match the flattering new clothes.
Here is a quick skin care guide to get that facial glow that will see you through all the days of dancing, festivities and parties.
Facial skin care: I would recommend a combination of 2-3 treatments which would act towards obtaining a glowing skin.
1) HydraFacial: It uses an advanced technology that consists of 6 steps which helps to softly exfoliate the skin extracting the debris and then deliver natural nutrients to it like hyaluronic acid, copper, zinc, magnesium and peptides that protect the skin and gives it lasting glow.
2) Skin lightening laser: It is one of the most effective treatment modalities to target pigmented spots and uneven skin tone. It specifically acts on skin melanin without any harm to surrounding skin thus giving it a bright and clear appearance.
3) Chemical peels: They give the skin a fresher, firmer and a more youthful appearance. In this treatment a chemical is applied to the skin, which causes micro-peeling and removal of upper dead layer of skin revealing the new healthy skin beneath.
Apart from these 3 treatments, unwanted facial hair can be done away with painless hair reduction laser. It avoids the risk of rashes and acne like eruption that can occur after waxing.
Back care: Festivals are the time to don trendy blouses and backless dresses. The back needs to be shining and spotless to be able to carry them off with confidence. I would recommend following treatments to help achieve the same:
1) Laser hair reduction: First step in getting the back ready would be to get rid of unwanted hair with the help of hair reduction laser. Using a laser does away with the risk of post wax complications of redness and rashes making it the ideal option prior to festivals.
2) Back polishing: It is one of the most popular options for obtaining a clear and shining back. It gives instant results by getting rid of dead skin layer and exposing the underlying new skin making one's back worth showing off!
3) Acne or pigmentation, if any, can be taken care of by combining polishing with peels or lightening laser.
Eye: If face is the mirror of the body, eyes are the mirror of one’s soul. Thus the area around the eye comes under a lot of focus and needs to be taken care of. Dark circles and under eye lines giving a dull, tired look to the eyes is a common problem faced by most people these days thanks to a hectic and stressful lifestyle. Apart from following a healthy lifestyle, these issues can be taken care of with the help of treatments and medicated creams.
- Chemical peels: Specific peels can decrease melanin production thus reducing peri orbital darkness ensuring an even skin tone.
- Fillers: When injected in the under eye area, fillers help to fill up the hollow and help get rid of the lines giving a fresh youthful look.
Apart from these specific target areas, laser hair reduction can be done for other body parts such as abdomen which will be exposed in the cholis, hands and feet as well. Similarly skin polishing can be done for other parts such as arms.
In addition to all these measures, it is necessary to hydrate your skin by drinking plenty of water, sleep soundly for 7-8 hours, eat healthy and be stress free to be able to enjoy the festivities to the fullest!