One of the best preventive measures in your skin care toolbox is SUNSCREEN. But, to make sure that the sunscreen dose its job best, you have to apply it the right way. Know the right way to use a sunscreen for better protection.
When to apply a sunscreen?
- Apply sunscreen properly to all sun - exposed areas 20 minutes before going out side.
- When swimming or sweating you should reapply water -resistant sunscreen every 40 minutes.
- Sunscreen should be applied all year round, even on a cloudy day and indoors.
- Re-apply every 2 hours, and after swimming, vigorous actitivity, excessive prespiration or towelling.
- Car window glasses do not block UVA rays; so, apply sunscreen before you go for a drive.
How to apply a sunscreen?
- Shake the bottle well before use.
- Follow the dot method – apply dots of sunscreen on the face and other sun exposed areas and massage them throughly to form a uniform coat.
- Sunscreen should be applied properly to all sun-exposed areas as per the teaspoon rule.
0.3 mL (slightly more than half a teaspoon) for the face, neck and each arm
0.6 mL (slightly more than a teaspoon) for the chest, back and each leg.
Let the sun shine on you and not harm you!