Suvarnaprashan Sanskaar is one of the 16 Sanskaars mentioned in the classical texts for the comprehensive development of immunity and for adequate physical and mental growth of a child. It is a special ghee prepared with the goodness of Suvarna (Gold) in it which is to be given specifically on Pushya Nakshatra day.
It is now a well-known fact that the age-old tradition of Suvarnaprashan, given on the day of Pushya Nakshatra is very beneficial for the physical, mental and psychological development of a child. These Suvarnaprashan drops are prepared from the most authentic quality Suvarna Bhasma along with herbs like Brahmi, Shankhapushpi, Ashwagandha, Vacha etc.
Why Pushya Nakshatra?
Pushya means Poshan or nutrition. Pushya Nakshatra is considered to be the most auspicious day in the Hindu calendar. The Suvarnaprashan drops are most readily absorbed and assimilated in the body on this day. Hence, the best results of Suvarnaprashan Sanskaar obtained by administering it on the day of Pushya Nakshatra.
Benefits of Suvarna Prashan:
- It improves immunity power
- Skin becomes soft and supple
- Improves concentration, grasping power, retaining ability and memory
- Helps prevent various problems which may arise during teething
- Helps improve the immunity of the respiratory system against air pollution
- Helps body stay away from diseases during season change
- Protects the body from various allergies
- Protects the body from the harmful side effects of insecticides and pesticides used on food products
- The overall health of a child taking Suvarnaprashan is definitely better than other children.